This is an extract from 'My Amy' past Tyler James.

Friday, 22 July 2011, 1 p.thou. The telephone rang and her name came up.

'AMY.'

Her vocalisation said, similar it ever did: 'You alright darlin'?'

I wasn't alright. Because she wasn't alright. Cipher was alright. Last night I'd walked out of our home in Camden Square, the last of countless homes we'd lived in together since Amy was 18 years old.

We'd been best mates since she was twelve and I was thirteen, inseparable soulmates forever. Walking out was a new tactic for me. I'd tried everything else.

After years of trauma, of trying to relieve Amy, I was running out of ideas. So at present, every fourth dimension she relapsed, I'd leave because I wouldn't support her drinking.

'If you're drinking, I won't exist here.'

Sentry the trailer for Amy. Postal service continues below.

Sometimes I was at that place but she wouldn't know it.

I'd sleep under a coating on the treadmill in the gym downstairs to get away from the noise: she'd scream my name, blare music, play the zombie moving-picture show Planet Terroron a loop all night long, diggings it out of her speakers.

But generally I'd go to my mum's in Essex for ii, 3, 4 days. Then Amy would ring.

'T, please come abode.' And we'd make a deal.

'I'll come dwelling house. Nosotros'll beginning the process again, withdrawal, stopping drinking tomorrow.'

And it worked. It was working. She was getting better.

She went three weeks without a potable, four days back on information technology, three weeks off over again. Every day she was sober she was in the gym, on the treadmill, rebuilding herself.